- 08 Apr 2021
What Are The Best Mobile App Development Frameworks In 2021?
Ionic, Flutter, Xamarin, and React Native are the top 4 mobile app development frameworks in 2021. Here is a guide for you.
What’s the easiest way of reaching out to consumers in today’s world? Undoubtedly, having digital products, such as websites or mobile apps, will be the best option. Mobile apps have a slightly greater advantage over mobile websites because they offer convenience and ease of use.
Developers can use different frameworks to develop apps for a corporate house. They choose the right platform after analyzing the existing ones on some factors.
A mobile app can be native or cross-platform (each has pros and cons), and a business might have different motivations behind getting an app. Some frameworks can result in better cross-platform apps than the native ones. So this is the first criteria used for analyzing a mobile app development platform.
Second, developers try to analyze the features offered by these platforms and how to tweak them accordingly. The third and last point to consider is development time and money.
Currently, four frameworks are dominating the market. These are :
- React Native
Let’s take a look at these points.
Google supports this hybrid app development framework. It allows developers to use a single codebase to create apps for different platforms. It is backed by a programming language named Dart, which is based on Kotlin and Java’s principles.
It consists of the following features:
- A dedicated rendering machine
- Material design (Built-in)
- Support for APIs and widgets
Here is a glimpse into this platform’s pros and cons:
- Perfect for faster app development
- Native app like performance
- It can be used to create apps with the best user experience and user interface.
- Flutter based apps are highly intuitive
- Reliable and flexible
- It comes with support from Google
- The framework is not yet mature, and the community is fairly limited
- In some cases, Flutter-based apps can be heavy in size
If you are looking for Flutter-based apps, choose an app development company in Kolkata that holds expertise in this language.
Some apps created using this platform are:
- Google Ads
Counted among the top hybrid app development frameworks, Ionic was launched in 2013. Ionic, more or less, brought the concept of cross-platform apps. Till date, more than 6 million apps have been developed using this platform.
These are its features:
- Developers can use built-in UI elements for the creation of impressive designs
- Proper documentation
- A large community with extensive support
What are the pros?
- It can be used to create intuitive apps
- Supports plugins (including Cordova plugins)
- Offers extensive compatibility
- It consists of a large community
- Documentation and other technical support available
- Offers complete control over the app development process
- Faster app development
What are the cons?
- It does not support hot-reloading
- Developers may have to depend on some plugins for features.
- These apps can be slower if it consists several features
- GE Transportation
- Market Watch
- Instant Pot
React Native :
What are its features?
- Support for third-party libraries
- Excellent UI (User Interface) and UX (User Experience)
- Faster development
- Live reload
- Apps with high-performance
- Third-party plugins
- Cost-effective option
- Low code
- Developers with less experience
- In some cases, compatibility issues can occur
Xamarin is a cross-platform app development framework that comes from the house of Microsoft. This framework can make hybrid apps that look and perform like native apps.
- Single code
- Diagnostic tools
- Android SDK manager
- Emulation manager
- Apps are compatible with wearables, IoT, and TV
- Supports the concept of code reusability
- Offers seamless integration with hardware
- Best performing apps (almost same as native ones)
- More expensive
- Limited exposure and technologies (only experts with experience in Xamarin)
- Azure’s mobile app
- UPS mobile app
- Alaska Airlines
- Microsoft News
- Outback Steakhouse
Some of the alternatives are mentioned below :
- Adobe PhoneGap
- JQuery Mobile
- Corona SDK
- Sencha Touch
- Mobile Angular UI
- Intel XDK
- Appcelerator Titanium
Depending on the business’s requirements, developers will choose the best framework. Developers can use a particular framework and can tweak these features to create specific apps.
So, now you know about the top app development frameworks of 2021. But which company has the best resources to develop cross-platform apps? Swadesh Softwares is the best choice when it comes to app development.
The company has experienced developers, testers, and designers who can dedicatedly develop these apps. Its portfolio is extensive and consists of different apps of varying caliber. Also, they are always ready to try out something new every time.
In case of any requirement, it’s best to consult the experts as soon as possible.